At Whorouly Primary School we have a vibrant and enthusiastic cohort of students. Each of our students feels a sense of belonging and connection to our school and to fellow students. We forge close relationships where each individual is valued and everyone is equal.
The following values underpin the beliefs of the Whorouly Primary School community and provide the basis for our actions:
- Learning: Acquiring academic, social, physical and emotional knowledge and skills.
- Relationships: Developing authentic relationships where mutual respect and support are promoted.
- Persistence: Cultivating a positive work ethic and managing challenging situations as they arise.
- Respect: Building respect for self and others, our community and the environment.
- Teamwork: Working co-cooperatively with others towards common goals, academic tasks and challenges.
We begin allocating responsibilities to our student as soon as they begin Foundation. We have high expectations of our students and scaffold them to be active participants in all areas of the school from their first year.
We provide personalised learning and tailor our teaching to the interests and abilities of our students. We also actively seek student voice and the opinions, ideas, wonderings and feedback from our students is used in planning and decision making.
While we nurture our students to be their best academic, social and emotional selves, we also are active in ensuring we build broad partnerships and social networks for our students.
We are part of the Ovens Learning Community (OLC), which comprises Carraragarmungee PS, Everton PS, Glenrowan PS Milawa PS, Oxley PS, and Winton PS. Together we are able to combine resources and numbers and attract exhibitions, events and performances to our schools each term. We also participate in shared camps and sporting experiences, and create transition opportunities for our older students in preparation for entering secondary school.
Some Links to our Resiliency Practices include:
Values and Purpose – Our Statement
Please also find below copies of our Child Safe Policies.
All students enrolled, and any child visiting, have a right to feel safe and be safe. The wellbeing of children in our care will always be our first priority and we have zero tolerance to child abuse. We aim to create a child safe and child friendly environment where children feel safe and are free to enjoy life to the full without any concern for their safety.
- Bullying Prevention Policy August 2019.pdf (784.11 Kb)
- CHILD SAFE POLICY Standard 2 August 2019.pdf (639.63 Kb)
- Child SAFE POLICY Standard 3 August 2019.pdf (733.55 Kb)
- Child Safe Standard 1 WPS.pdf (719.26 Kb)
- Child Safe Standard 4 WPS.pdf (1.19 Mb)
- Child Safe Standard 7 WPS.pdf (651.94 Kb)
- Child Safety Responding and Reporting Policy and Procedures May 2019.pdf (847.1 Kb)
- ChildSafe Standard 6 RiskAssessment.pdf (200.68 Kb)
- Duty of Care Policy August 2019.pdf (711.61 Kb)
- Privacy-Policy.pdf (105.76 Kb)